Medical Staffing is delighted to offer a great opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Practice Nurse who wishes to develop their career within an exceptional primary care environment.
Why Medical Staffing:
● Flexibility – Part-time [profession] jobs tailored around you.
● Revalidation - Access to appraisals and revalidation services.
● Referral bonus - Bonuses up to £250* for recommending your friends.
● Training – Access to quality voluntary training services.
● Support – Dedicated recruitment team to support you.
● NHS and private - Work across the NHS and private sector.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Leading a small team of nurses within the larger clinical team in the practice
Guide your team towards clinical visions of the practice
Inspire clinical care levels that surpass the practice CQC outstanding levels
Develop clinical pathways that integrate within the wider practice systems
Utilise the skills and knowledge of your whole team
Provide a supportive environment for your team to develop
Deliverance of practice targets
Patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment
Nursing interventions based on evidence based practice
On-going assessment, monitoring and evaluation
Patient education, planning and referral to other sources of care within their scope of practice
To participate in the audit process, evaluating the service, implementing actionplans and change of practice as necessary
To organise the planning and implementation of care for patients requiring practice nurse input
To encourage a healthy lifestyle behaviour as part of the health promotion strategy
To work in collaboration with other colleagues and as a member of the multidisciplinary team
To maintain accurate and complete records on SystmOne
To provide a service that is evidence based and aims to improve the quality of life
To improve the standards of care by promoting nursing research and developing nursing expertise
To evaluate the effectiveness of education programmes on an on-going basis
Able to participate in audit and audit own services and outcomes for patients
To refer to secondary care as necessary
Actively participates in the management of the clinical decisions for which they are personally accountable
Professionally accountable to the Partners
The setting of realistic educational and treatment goals within your scope of practice
The assessment and evaluation of learning abilities of patients
To educate people with LTC’s so that they can manage their health and enable them to learn to live a full active and healthy life
Involve other relevant people where appropriate in the teaching process
To act as a resource person for your team
To respond to the education needs of Practice staff and students
· Demonstrate clear understanding of risk including own professional accountability and responsibility, how to minimise risks in order to deliver safe and effective healthcare.
· Monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and free from hazards, and conform to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Undertake mandatory and statutory training.
· Apply infection control measures according to guidelines.
· Ensure effective communications with patients especially in providing and receiving highly complex, sensitive or contentious information where there may be significant barriers.
· Communicate effectively with colleagues, both within the organisation and external agencies to ensure gold standard patient care.
Delivering a quality service
· To promote a culture of openness in line with the Lea Vale integrated governance framework
· Co-operate with all comments or complaints received and ensure they are dealt with in accordance with the appropriate policies and guidelines
· Ensure patients’ rights and dignity is maintained at all times and appropriate consent is obtained prior to care delivery.
General - The post holder will:
Act always in a manner which is consistent with:
· The NMC competency framework & Code of Conduct
· The health, safety and security regulations of Lea Vale
· The smooth running of services
· The promotion of good patient and colleague relations
· Complying at all times with any regulations issued by the practice, especially those governing health and safety at work and to ensure that any defects that may affect safety at work, are brought to the attention of the Partners
· Undertake any other duties at the request of the Partners, which are commensurate with the role of Practice Nurse Lead and as necessary undertake training in line with the development of this position.
· Ensure that all functions are carried out in a friendly, helpful and professional manner and with due regard for the public image of Lea Vale Medical Group and the reputation of the NHS
· Generate a strong sense of multi-disciplinary team commitment and a readiness to support others
· To be accountable for own decisions and actions
This job description reflects the present requirements and objectives of the post as in July 2021 and does not form part of your contract of employment.As the duties of the post change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment, in consultation with the post-holder.
Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrate leadership behaviour in a variety of settings
· Evidence of innovation in practice
· Management of long term conditions
Ability to work to challenging timescales and produce effective results
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Able to inspire and influence others
Articulate, with high levels of emotional intelligence
Appreciate the need of culturally diverse and vulnerable patient groups
Flexible and able to adapt to challenging circumstances
IT literate, with an ability to analyse clinical date
Demonstrate high levels of self-awareness i.e. strengths and weaknesses, personal qualities and skills
· Minor Illness qualification
Experience in leadership role
Leading meetings and/or projects
Participation in research and audits and disseminating evidence-based practice
· Autonomous practitioner working independently and in conjunction with other health care professionals
· Experience of clinical governance management
Primary care experience
Registered General Nurse
Advanced nurse practitioner
Independent nurse prescriber or willingness to work towards
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
How to apply:
If you’re interested in working with Medical Staffing, apply now and we’ll be in contact shortly to discuss more about the job opportunities we have available.
Medical Staffing is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.